Charity Survival Fund
The Charity Survival Fund has been set up in response to Julia and Hans’ ongoing concern about Covid-19’s economic impact on charities. This £10m Fund will provide core funding to help charities, especially small and medium sized, to offset lost income in the current financial year.
Applications to the Fund have now closed. We are grateful for the interest shown and the time charities have taken in submitting their bids. The Trust is now undertaking assessment and due diligence checks on applications, before making funding decisions later in the summer. Successful applicants are likely to be notified in September, with funds being paid in October.
Any further updates will be posted on this page, and an announcement about successful applicants will be made on our news feed in September.
The Fund was open to applications between 6 – 27 July, from UK registered charities that:
- Have a beneficial area within the UK
- Actively operate across one of the three areas prioritised by The Julia and Hans Rausing Trust: Health and Wellbeing, Welfare and Education, Arts and Culture
- Have normal annual income below £5m
- Have lost (or are forecast to lose) income due to Covid-19
- Have not already received Covid-19 related funding from The Julia and Hans Rausing Trust
Charities were invited to apply for grants up to the maximum threshold indicated below, depending on charity size (measured by income).
|ANNUAL INCOME||MAXIMUM GRANT|
|Up to £20,000||£5,000|
|£20,001 - £100,000||£10,000|
|£100,001 - £250,000||£50,000|
|£250,001 - £500,000||£100,000|
|£500,001 - £5,000,000||£250,000|